Dato: 30. januar 2019
Tidspunkt: 08:00 - 13:00
Sted: Rådhushallen, Rådhuspladsen 2, 8000 Aarhus
GO GLOCAL recognizes the organizations, companies, initiatives and people that make Aarhus a diverse city and an attractive career destination for international employees.
At GO GLOCAL you can experience how the city’s further internationalization create growth for companies and society a whole. Representatives from the business community and the citys' international organizations will share knowledge on internationalization, the positive effects of international qualifications and international recruitment. Together we will recognize two award winners - and a bunch of other organizations - and learn about their great efforts in the internationalization of the city and their devotion to making internationals feel at home.
- Sign in and networking
- Welcome by John Westensee, Deputy University Director at Aarhus University and Chairman of International Community's Executive Committee
- Presentation by Kristian Breitenbauch, Managing Director at Advansor: “International Production Company in Aarhus with Strong Growth“
- Break out session: "Aarhus Goes Glocal - Diversity in an International City" with:
- Jesper Buus, Director at Scandic Hotels
- Anne Marie Dalgaard, Secretary General at Danes Worldwide
- Stephen Willacy, City Architect of Aarhus at City of Aarhus
- Anders K. Kristensen, Concern HR at Central Denmark Region (Region Midtjylland)
- Presentation by Torben Tranæs, Executive Director of Research and Professor at SFI, The Danish National Centre for Social Research
- Presentation by Phil Hall, Producer at Designit
- Granting of two awards by Jacob Bundsgaard, Mayor of Aarhus
Emma Holtet, Performer and Cultural Entrepreneur, will lead us through the conference.
Two awards will be granted at the conference:
- The GO GLOCAL Award, a jury recognizes a company or organization that provides initiatives towards the internationalization of Aarhus.
- GO GLOCAL – People’s Choice Award, recognizes an individual, team or organization from the international community that contributes to giving international newcomers and citizens a warm welcome.
You can read much more about GO GLOCAL here.
The conference is free of charge.
No show fee; 350 DKK.
You can also read about how to nominate yourself, a team or organization for the GO GLOCAL – People’s Choice Award.
About GO GLOCAL:
The decision to commence GO GLOCAL was determined by the City Council in September 2018. Erhverv Aarhus/International Community is the project leader on GO GLOCAL and the Municipality of Aarhus is the project partner. GO GLOCAL emanates from the former Integration Prize and will be conducted for the first time on January 30, 2019, after which it will be held every second year.